13 Good Reasons To BreastFeed Your Baby
By Farrell Seah
Breastfeeding is without any doubt the most excellent means to nourish your newly born baby. It has got a lot of benefits as compared to feeding with a bottle and barely any drawbacks.
1. Fat provides the calories necessary for growth and essential nutrients required for brain function. And Fat contains the vitamins A,D and E, which are essential to many of our bodies; processes. When babies are breast fed, over 50 percent of calories come from fat.
2. Calcium and other important nutrients in human milk are also better utilized by babies.
3. Antigens in cow's milk can cause allergic reactions in a newborn baby, whereas such reactions to human milk are rare.
4. Human milk also promotes growth, largely due to the presence of certain hormones and growth factors.
5. Breast fed babies have a very low risk of developing meningitis or severe blood infections, and have a 500 to 600 percent lower risk of getting childhood lymphoma. Breast fed babies also suffer 50 percent fewer middle ear infections.
6. Research also indicates that breast fed babies are less likely to become obese children. Bottle-fed children have far higher concentrations of insulin, the chemical that stimulates the laying down of fat cells. Obesity in childhood is known to be a risk factor for developing cardiovascular disease in later life.
7. Studies have found that infants who were breast fed have much lower rates of ear infections, rashes, diarrhea, allergies, hospital admissions and other medical problems than babies that were fed formula.
8. The infant will get a sense of security from this and will form a better attachment with the mother. Nursing is a source of comfort and warmth to a baby.
9. Breastfeeding helps moms lose weight and get back to their pre-pregnancy size.
10. Breast milk is free -- you save a lot of money not having to buy formula. And it is readily available.
11. Breastfeeding is effective in combating postpartum depression
12. Colostrum is the first food available to breastfeeding newborns, and is tailor-made to meet the nutritional needs of newborn infants, breastfeeding babies do not require the large volumes of fluid required for bottle-fed babies during the first few days of life.
13. Colostrum also contains high concentrations of antibodies called immunoglobulins which protect them against bacteria and viral infections.
The decision to breast-feed is yours. Take at least as much time to learn about breastfeeding as you did when you picked out your babies crib; more if you can spare it. Arm yourself with knowledge and then make a decision. Only you can decide if breastfeeding is right for you family.
Click Here to Find Out More About Bovine Colostrum At :
About the Author
Feel free to use this article with the author name and website included.
Article Source: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/38355.html
|If you wish to add the above article to your website or newsletters then please include the "Article Source: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/38355.html" as shown above and make it hyperlinked.|
| Some other articles by Farrell Seah|
|How Stress Starves Our Skin, and Ways to Nourish it|
Our skin is continually bombarded with the stressors of age, pollution, and harsh environments (wind, snow, sun, cold, heat). In particular, the skin undergoes a natural, ...
7 Skin-Care Tips: Look Stunning in Your 50s
Stay Beautiful in Your 50s
Life starts at 50! But at this stage, skin cells begin to flatten, and less collagen and elastic means more sag. Skin ...
10 Skin-Care Tips: Look Stunning in Your 40s
Stay Beautiful in Your 40s
Deeper wrinkles and reduced elasticity and firmness are the most common skin problems in this decade, ...
Add Years to Your Life?
Science shows you simple ways to dramatically add years to your life.
Jeanne Louise Calment is, on record, the oldest person to have ever lived, passing away ...
"New Study, Prevent Heart Disease With Dental Care?"
What does the health of your mouth have to do with your overall health? In a word, plenty. A look inside or a swab of saliva can tell your doctor ...
Claims About Colostrum-An Overview
As a business owner of a New Zealand colostrum company, I think it is the right for me to give you not only the facts ...