The Different Types of Life Insurance Explained
By Mansi Gupta
There are numerous companies existing today that offer life insurance policies. Though the crux of the policy (to ensure a safe and sound life of an individual's survivors as well as to the individual) does not alter yet companies try to differ with each other by making different classifications or bifurcations.
Broadly the life insurance is divided into two parts.
1. Term Life Insurance Policy- Anyone can opt for a term life insurance. This type of policy is basically meant to cover a person's short term requirements. For instance if the policyholder unfortunately meets with a grave accident, he can claim for the insurance amount. But it also compensates the bereaved in the case of death of a family member. All in all it is a policy that helps in covering potential need for life insurance in the short run.
Term life insurance is usually a renewable and convertible program. It ranges from one to hundred years. If it is a one year program then the cost of its coverage increases after every one year till the time it expires. Generally the expiry is at the age of 75. While if the policy is term to the age of 100 along with cash value it subsequently becomes a part of the insurance for 'whole life'. Quite often it is noticed that it is cheaper to buy a whole life insurance policy than a non-cash one in value Term 100 policy.
2. Permanent Life Insurance- this is life insurance for the entire life of the individual. The value of this policy increases throughout the time one participates in the program. Terms such as Par and Non-Par are widely used in this context. Par whole life coverage generates dividends that are a partial return of the premium paid for coverage and investment growth. The amount of dividends keeps on changing from annually. On the other hand the non-par whole life insurance policies offer no dividends. The future cash values in these cases are not projected but assured or guaranteed.
• Besides this whole life-quick pay premium policies are also available. In these there is a fixed premium that one has to pay for quit a short interval of time till the time it is entirely paid up. The death benefit in this policy is leveled and paid up at the time the premium ceases.
• Whole life insurance policy can also be fractured in terms of premium payable for 15 years, 20 years and 65 years of age. The terms and conditions in these cases remain more or less the same.
• Universal life insurance policy is meant for people who require a life insurance, have a big marginal tax bracket, have big RRSP and pension contributions, paying a good tax on investment income, want to have an additional future income and have an investment prospect for at least 10 years. These policies are considered to be most difficult of all the insurance contracts.
About the Author
Mansi gupta writes about affordable life insurance quote. Learn more http://www.lowquoter.com/life/
Article Source: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/18667.html
|If you wish to add the above article to your website or newsletters then please include the "Article Source: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/18667.html" as shown above and make it hyperlinked.|
| Some other articles by Mansi Gupta|
|Traveling tips in Europe|
Europe has always been a dream destination for tourists. With high skyscrapers, world's most beautiful beaches and rich cultural legacy, there is nothing more to desire form a perfect ...
Southern Comfort in elegant limousines
Limousines are the last word in elegant road travel. There are many services across America that run chartered services and you can charter limousines from them during your stay in the city.
The Importance of Multivitamins and Vitamins for Women
Whether you're trying to have a baby, already pregnant, going through menopause or worried about osteoporosis, it's worthwhile for you as a woman to consider the ...
Ma Huang - Chinese herb
Ma Huang, the native-Chinese herb used in fat-burning supplements and also known as Ephedra, has been used as a natural treatment for a variety of illnesses spanning the past five thousand years. Early ...
Hoodia - what it is, what it is used for?
Deep in the Kalahari Desert in South Africa a prickly like plant called Hoodia grows that could literally take your appetite away. Although this plant has been gathered and eaten by local habitants for ...
Student loan consolidation guide 101
The constantly escalating fees as well as the competition in the field of higher education have made the life of a student burdened ...