How To Care For A Lawn, Before And After Planning Your Garden
By Shrinivas Vaidya
When it comes to lawn care, prevention s the best care and cure as well. The best lawn care practice should start when you are already planning a landscape garden around your home.
Since a lawn surface is an integral part of the entire garden, planning spaces as per the nature of activity will greatly reduce the pressure of maintaining a lawn surface.
For example if the garden has a space for outdoor coffee table with four seats it's a good idea to have a separate surface prepared where the coffee table, the chairs will stay. Also the path that leads to this arrangement can also be "paved" with suitable themed material. The biggest advantage of this is that the lawn surface around this is easy to maintain otherwise over a period of time the surface of lawn around the pathway and the furniture will get patchy and eventually the lawn will stop growing in these areas giving a terrible look in the garden.
So planning is a vital part of lawn care when it comes to designing and a growing a new garden. But what if you have already have a lawn around you home and are looking to tips for maintaining it. There are some real simple rules for this.
1) Fertilizers- Do you eat food everyday, same is true with lawn. Apart from direct sunlight and water, fertilizers are great way to feed you lawn with healthy diet to give an extraordinary look
2) Mowing- Very important for a lush look. A Lawn mower is a great tool for this purpose. The real secret of using a lawn mower is the height of the blade that will be used while mowing.
3) Watering- The frequency of watering will greatly affect the final outlook of the lawn surface. Automatic lawn sprinklers are used to automate the process of watering with great results.
4) Aerating the soil- Due to frequent use of lawn by pets, children, etc. the soil that holds the lawn gets compacted beyond limits, that's why lawn care experts always recommend aeration of lawn soil to help the growth of lawn.
5) Amount of direct sunlight the lawn surface receives- This aspect is not a must but can have some degree of effect. You just have to look for the path of sun travel in your local area. Where does direct sunlight come from in your garden. As the day passes away the degree and intensity of sunlight changes. Does your lawn remain in shade all the times of the day? This can happen if the sunlight is getting obstructed by tall trees or even home building structure.
Or does your lawn remain in harsh sunlight most of the times of the day? This will decide the amount and frequency of water your lawn will require.
So lawn care and what you should do to take care of it is also dependent on the specific problems and circumstances of the individual owner. Your job as the homeowner will be study lawn surroundings/movement patterns/natural conditions and go for the best solution that is easy to implement and affordable to your needs.
I hope this article was helpful to everyone.
Copyright Shrinivas Vaidya
About the Author
Shrinivas Vaidya is the webmaster of http://www.landscapingdatabase.com Looking for care for a lawn information? visit my website to learn some cool tips on landscaping design and some great tips to create a lush green and amazing lawn in 4 days flat!
Article Source: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/33420.html
|If you wish to add the above article to your website or newsletters then please include the "Article Source: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/33420.html" as shown above and make it hyperlinked.|
| Some other articles by Shrinivas Vaidya|