Becoming a Qualified Driving Instructor in the UK
By Mansi Gupta
Becoming an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) requires a substantial commitment of your time, effort and money. It is important that you do not make this commitment without very careful consideration of what your training establishment is offering you.
The following notes outline the requirements for becoming an ADI and are summarized from the Driving Standards Agency booklet ADI14 'Your Road to Becoming an Approved Driving Instructor'. You are strongly advised to read this booklet thoroughly before committing yourself to a course with any training establishment.
Eligibility to Become an Instructor
Not everyone can apply to become an ADI. To do so you must satisfy the following requirements;
• You must hold a full and unrestricted UK or European Union (EU) European Economic Area (EEA) unrestricted driving license
• You must have held this license for a total of four out of the past six years prior to entering the Register after qualifying.
• You must not have been disqualified from driving at any time in the four years prior to entering the Register.
• You must be a fit and proper person to have your name entered on the Register. All motoring and non-motoring convictions will be taken into account.
• You must pass the Register Qualifying Examination and pay the appropriate fees.
No formal academic qualifications are needed to become a driving instructor, but individuals must be registered with the Driving Standards Agency (DSA) as an Approved Driving Instructor (ADI) or licensed trainee for car instruction. The minimum age is 21.
Before starting training they must:
• have held a full UK or Northern Ireland driving license for four out of the last six years
• not have been disqualified from driving at any time in the last four years
• be a fit and proper person - all convictions, including motoring convictions will be taken into account
• pass the ADI qualifying exam.
About the Author
Mansi gupta writes about. driving Instructor Course. Learn more at http://www.driving-instructor-course.co.uk
Article Source: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/17232.html
|If you wish to add the above article to your website or newsletters then please include the "Article Source: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/17232.html" as shown above and make it hyperlinked.|
| Some other articles by Mansi Gupta|
|Traveling tips in Europe|
Europe has always been a dream destination for tourists. With high skyscrapers, world's most beautiful beaches and rich cultural legacy, there is nothing more to desire ...
Southern Comfort in elegant limousines
Limousines are the last word in elegant road travel. There are many services across America that run chartered services and you can charter limousines from them during your stay ...
The Importance of Multivitamins and Vitamins for Women
Whether you're trying to have a baby, already pregnant, going through menopause or worried about osteoporosis, it's worthwhile for you as a woman to consider the importance taking a multivitamin to create and ...
Ma Huang - Chinese herb
Ma Huang, the native-Chinese herb used in fat-burning supplements and also known as Ephedra, has been used as a natural treatment for a ...
Hoodia - what it is, what it is used for?
Deep in the Kalahari Desert in South Africa a prickly like plant called Hoodia grows that could literally take your appetite away. Although this plant has ...
Student loan consolidation guide 101
The constantly escalating fees as well as the competition in the field of higher education have made the life of a student burdened by debt. Most of the students are financially not capable ...