By Mansi gupta
The MBA is perhaps the most coveted course in today's world. This course tops the list of courses almost in all the developed and developing countries across the globe. The enthusiasm for the course has brought in many small private institutes etc. to offer this course. However, only those students who have obtained the MBA degree from some recognized eminent university find the best of placements. So the institute or the university is the first factor for a successful career in this field. This article will educate you about the various issues like finance, strategy to study, interview etc. related to choosing MBA as a profession.
• In today's competitive world there are no shortcuts. The student willing to take admission in one of the best institutes either in Asia or abroad, need to study hard and get the good grades. 3.0 to 4.0 are the minimum grades required at the undergraduate grade point average (GPA).
• Most of the MBA schools or colleges adjudicate the caliber of the student via the GMAT or The Graduate Management Admissions Test exam. This test is to estimate the individual's knowledge of English, Math and Analytical writing skills. The verbal or English section comprises of 41 questions to be answered within 75 minutes. The questions like correcting the hidden grammatical mistakes etc. The Math section has 37 questions and same 75 minutes. Questions are on various mathematical topics like percentage, ratio and so forth. The writing analysis is based on writing two essays on different issues.
• The school and university depend on the grades that you get in the exam. Good grades will fetch you a deemed university while poor ones may not.
• MBA programs are full time and part time and within this program there are many choices. Like you can take up finance management, HR, etc. it is at the discretion of the student to decide which course to go for.
• Once you have made a preference for the course, the time comes to look at the fee structure. Usually the MBA schools charge a high fee which is not within the reach of students. In this case they look for other financial aids. Many schools offer scholarships, grants etc. that can be looked up to. Else the loan facility is always available. The loan providing banks and companies also consider the grades and the institution that recommends the name of the student. The successful schools are known for producing productive students who can repay the loan conveniently with their salaries.
The FAFSA or the Free Application for Federal Students, loan offered by the federal government is doing remarkable job in this area. However, due to the popularity of the loan, the application should be sent as soon as possible.
• Many MBA schools ask for recommendation letters. This is in order to justify a student's authenticity. In this case the letter should be taken by an honored and known authority whose recommendation lifts your name in the eyes of its seekers.
• The school life is followed by hunt for a job. If you have passed from a top most school, job is not an issue; still you need to be prepared to win your contenders. When going for an interview wear decent clothes that are not too jazzy and funky and colorful. Practice properly with a friend or family member before the day of interview. Don't forget to take a copy of resume and cover letter along with your certificates. You need to be familiar with each and every word of your resume and cover letter. Don't be nervous and maintain a calm composure. Try replying in a prudent manner to all their questions. Even if you make a mistake, don't let it affect your rest of the answers and your attitude.
So go ahead and chase your dreams!
About the Author
Mansi gupta writes about MBA .. Learn more at http://www.mbasmakemoney.com
Article Source: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/13365.html
|If you wish to add the above article to your website or newsletters then please include the "Article Source: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/13365.html" as shown above and make it hyperlinked.|
| Some other articles by Mansi gupta|
|Traveling tips in Europe|
Europe has always been a dream destination for tourists. With high skyscrapers, world's most beautiful beaches and rich cultural legacy, there is nothing more ...
Southern Comfort in elegant limousines
Limousines are the last word in elegant road travel. There are many services across America that run chartered services and you ...
The Importance of Multivitamins and Vitamins for Women
Whether you're trying to have a baby, already pregnant, going through menopause or worried about osteoporosis, it's worthwhile for you as ...
Ma Huang - Chinese herb
Ma Huang, the native-Chinese herb used in fat-burning supplements and also known as Ephedra, has been used as a natural treatment for a variety of illnesses spanning the past five thousand ...
Hoodia - what it is, what it is used for?
Deep in the Kalahari Desert in South Africa a prickly like plant called Hoodia grows that could literally take your appetite away. Although this plant has been gathered and eaten by local habitants for probably ...
Student loan consolidation guide 101
The constantly escalating fees as well as the competition in the field of higher education have made the life of a student burdened by debt. Most of the students ...