10 Proven Ways to Boost Traffic to Your Web Site or Blog!
By Jim DeSantis
One of the most asked questions I see online is - "How can I boost traffic to my blog?". There are numerous tips and tricks available all over the web. Here are 10 Proven Ways to get you started toward becoming an internet star!
Creating traffic just takes a little work and the web does the rest!
1. Provide your visitors with free content, that is, articles or blog posts. Your content will be more attractive to your visitors if it's up-to-date or original. You could also offer people the option to reprint the content in their e-zine, blog, or web site. Always add your URL at the end of the articles so people can find you. This further attracts new and returning visitors, and, submit your original articles to directories such as this one - Ezine Articles!
2. Give people a free subscription to your e-zine. Almost everyone is publishing a e-zine nowadays so it's important to give something extra with the free subscription. You could offer a free gift or advertising when people subscribe. If you do not have an ezine, there is a free program on one of my blogs (see Author Box).
3. Offer a free online directory or page of links to helpful resources like I do with my Newsman's Favorite Links Blog. The directory should be full of interesting ebooks, e-zines, web sites, etc. If people find your directory to be a valuable resource they will visit it over and over (see my Author Box).
4. Give your visitors a free ebook. I give links to these throughout my 15 blogs. I love Free! Some ebook writers even allow you to include your own ad or website URL in the ebook and allow other people to give it away when they get it from you. This is called Viral Marketing. Another way to spread the word about you! Hey, you could even write your own ebook and give it away! There are programs for this as well at My Links Blog.
5. Hold free online classes or seminars. They could be held in your web site's chat room. The idea of "live" information will definitely entice people to visit your web site. You will become known as an expert on the topic. You can even offer courses or classes via email to people who sign up.
6. Give visitors a free entry into your contest or sweepstakes. The prizes should be something of interest or value to your visitors. Most people who enter will continually revisit your web site to get the results. This does not have to be cash. It can be a valuable ebook that you got free from a Viral Marketer.
7. Let visitors download free software. It could be freeware, shareware, demos etc. You could even turn part of your site into a free software directory. If you created the software, include your ad inside and let other people give it away.
8. Offer free online services or utilities from your web site. They could be on search engine submitting, copy writing, article proofreading, etc. The service or utility should be helpful to your target audience.
9. Give free consulting to people who visit your web site. You could offer your knowledge via e-mail or by telephone. People will consider this a huge value because consulting fees can be very expensive. In fact, you can give them links or ebooks covering their area of interest but sign them up for email to get access to the information.
10. If you have an online Club, give your visitors a free membership for one year. People want to belong to something that benefits them, why not your online club. It could be a game club, video club, music club, writing club, etc. You could also give away a free e-zine for club members only. If your content is really unique, think about charging a monthly membership fee.
These are just 10 great ways to persuade visitors to keep in touch with you and that means a better page rank in the Search Engines!
Yours for success!
About the Author
Jim DeSantis is a 15 year veteran of Broadcast Journalism. Jim provides accurate information on a wide variety of topics. Go to Jim's http://newsmanlinks.blogspot.com - Newsman's Links - for lots of free resources and links to Jim's blogs.
Article Source: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/45351.html
|If you wish to add the above article to your website or newsletters then please include the "Article Source: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/45351.html" as shown above and make it hyperlinked.|
| Some other articles by Jim DeSantis|
|Blog Optimization for Profit - Part 6|
It takes some research and creativity to find the right money-generating tools for your blog. It's all a matter of your personal tastes. There are many to choose from.
Blog Optimization for Profit - Part 5
You should be working diligently to produce good-quality, original content on your blog and are attracting a decent amount of traffic. However, money is not going to appear out of thin air just ...
Blog Optimization for Profit - Part 4
Getting links from other websites is not the only Free way to attract visitors to visit your blog. This time, we are going to explore alternative methods to attract high quality ...
Blog Optimization for Profit - Part 3
Optimizing your blog for fun and profit can be a daunting task. There are secret tricks of the trade that separate newbies from techies but that does not mean ...
Blog Optimization for Profit - Part 2
In Part 1 of this series we optimized your blog to rank well for search results of certain keywords that we inserted into your blog. This is called onpage optimization. Onpage optimization affects your ranking in ...
Blog Optimization for Profit - Part 1
If you have read my articles about what you should be blogging about you should have a blog filled with content you have passionately written. It should ...