Self-cleaning and Solar Control Glass for Conservatories
By Bronwen Elisabeth Roberts
When it comes to conservatories, you should be able to enjoy yours, comfortably, throughout the year. Choosing a glazing unit that combines Pilkington Activ™ Blue, with a low-E glass such as Pilkington K Glass™ enables dual solar control and thermal insulation, so your conservatory can maintain a comfortable temperature all year round.
Pilkington K Glass™, which usually forms the inner pane of a double-glazing unit, has a special low emissivity coating to help reduce the amount of heat that escapes through your windows. This is particularly important in conservatories in winter, when it can be increasingly difficult to maintain a comfortable temperature. The special energy-saving coating on Pilkington K Glass™ lets the sun's rays through, but reflects heat from fires and radiators back into your home, saving energy and reducing your heating bills.
Benefits Of Thermal Insulation
- Low e glass makes double glazing as effective as triple glazing
- Allows you to increase the glazed area of a building without increasing heat loss
- Allows you to stay comfortable at a lower thermostat setting
- Reduces unsightly internal condensation
- Helps to save energy, reducing heat loss by up to 45%
Solar Control - Reducing The Sun's Heat
Pilkington Activ™ Blue combines the revolutionary benefits of a self-cleaning coating with the solar control performance of a tinted glass. In summer months, glass with solar control can help prevent heat build up, by significantly reducing the amount of heat allowed to pass into your conservatory. In winter when the ventilators are closed, the glass lets in enough light and heat to help your conservatory stay warm.
Benefits of Pilkington Activ™ Blue
- Combines solar control and self-cleaning properties
- Helps reduce heat build up - further ventilation may also be required
- Its self-cleaning properties work on cloudy days and during the night
- Easily cleaned during dry spells by hosing down
- Self-clean coating lasts the lifetime of the glazing
- Attractive blue colour offers excellent aesthetics
- It allows good light transmittance
- Low reflection
Pilkington Activ™ can be combined with a vast range of other Pilkington products to help with other issues e.g. Security, Sound installation, Safety, Climate Control.
About the Author
Pilkington Activ™ Blue is a fantastic product for conservatories as it combines the benefits of self-cleaning glass with solar control performance. Many companies recommend Pilkington when it comes to conservatory glass. Having been in the glass industry for 180 years, Pilkington is recognised as the world's technological leader in glass
Article Source: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/36770.html
|If you wish to add the above article to your website or newsletters then please include the "Article Source: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/36770.html" as shown above and make it hyperlinked.|
| Some other articles by Bronwen Elisabeth Roberts|