3. The Difficulties To Change
By Ab van Deemter
If you never have any problems changing certain things in your life then this article is not worth reading.
I know I had the necessary problems, and I still do at times!
I remember that I managed to find tons of excuses for NOT changing certain habits, routines or situations.
The other day I was listening to one of Mike Litman's "Unleash Your Greatness" cd's, on which he interviews Tony Robbins. Tony talked about the difficulties people have to change.
Tony gave a number of self motivation tips and said:
1. The very first thing you have to do is identify the story you are telling yourself about why you can't change. The only thing that is keeping people from achieving what they want is the story they have about why they can't have it.
2. To achieve anything in your life you want to get absolutely clear about what you want. Clarity is power!
3. Stop using excuses like: I don't have the time, I don't have the money, I don't know the right people, I don't have the contacts, I don't have the education, I don't have the technology, I don't live in the right part of the country and so on and so forth.
4. If you have enough discipline, enough commitment, if you have enough determination, if you have enough drive you should be able to accomplish anything.
5. There are many steps to learn to master your emotions, but fundamental is:
You must make a radical shift in the pattern of how you use your body. Pay attention to your body posture first! Go and begin to run, to work out!
This changes your physiology, it changes your body chemistry and therefore will change your thoughts and the things you focus on.
6. Wherever you focus on in life – you are going to feel! So, once you know what you want to focus on, you change your physiology and you begin to excessively focus on exactly what you want, as if it's already done. This produces so much certainty in your body that your brain is going to find the ways to make things happen.
7. You have to train the language patterns that come out of your mouth. By saying things like: "I don't know how to do this", or "I just can't figure this out", probably things don't work out because you say these things to yourself too many times with total intensity. The pattern of your language builds up your beliefs and feelings.
Bear in mind that you do not have to do everything at once. It is fine when you take tiny little baby steps, as long as you continue taking them.
So, take a moment and think about your excuses for not wanting to change ……
I hope this article is of value to you and I hope you realize that these self motivation tips are your key to growth. Therefore I recommend you to have a good and conscious look at how you are presently functioning in your life and if necessary to do some self motivation exercise in order to obtain the necessary self motivation skills.
About the Author
Ab van Deemter (http://www.passiontogrow.com) is a Personal Growth specialist and a spiritual person, who believes in sharing his knowledge of personal perseverance. He has studied metaphysics and other holistic methods for many years and embarked on a life of success. With successful tools for personal freedom he has made it past a life full of obstacles and now mentors and teaches business owners, their staff, his own employees, as well as a large group of private individuals.
Article Source: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/35480.html
|If you wish to add the above article to your website or newsletters then please include the "Article Source: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/35480.html" as shown above and make it hyperlinked.|
| Some other articles by Ab van Deemter|
|7. What Does The Word Power Mean To You?|
Before I started to walk the path I am walking today, I had certain ideas about what Power is.
My definition of Power was: being measured by ...
6. Are We Entitled To Things In Our Lives?
Are you fully aware of the fact that you create your own reality?- or do you feel entitled to a certain level of existence or a better life?
I remember there was a time ...
5. The Importance Of Being Grounded (2)
- Do you know what it feels like to be grounded?
- Do you know how you can achieve better grounding in ...
It is common knowledge that in the animal world it is the elders who teach the younger animals where to get their food, ...