Build your body like Rome
By Chris C.
Apparently, Rome wasn't built in a day.
Yet, people want to lose multiple dress sizes or pant sizes by next weekend by drinking some unknown "juice" that promises quick weight loss (yeah right), or by eating a ton of greasy meat all day (I bet that works all the time…….not), or by popping pills with God only knows what ingredients they have in them (as my grandmother says, "Good luck to you").
Why would a logical, smart, good-natured person like you actually think that the list above (and hundreds of other crazy weight loss fads) will actually work? There is no reason to be that desperate. Let me tell you that there is a 99.92308234% chance that as soon as you lose that weight with a "fad" diet, you will gain it back……..and then some.
Do it the right way.
"What is the right way?" you may be asking.
Diet and exercise…….a fitness program……commitment……...empowering yourself to make small lifestyle changes that snowball into a new you.
I thought you would never ask. Let me give you 2 EASY, BASIC things for you to do (and these things also go for you intermediate and advanced fitness people, too):
1. Get moving everyday – It always get a good laugh when someone make a "New Year's Resolution" to get fit. Or claim that they're going to go to the gym everyday (when they haven't seen the inside of a gym in months or years). How long does it last? 1 day, 2 days, maybe a week? Why do you think that has happened to you or others? Because that person was not COMMITTED to get moving everyday (or almost everyday). Do you know of a person like this………maybe yourself??? :)
"So you're saying that you were LAUGHING at me Chris"………
What are easy ways to get moving?
- Taking a brisk 15 minute walk once or twice daily (outdoors preferably, but not a necessity)
- Pushups – a great overall strength trainer (unfortunately, many people can hardly do any of these, much less do them with proper form). Even if you can only do 1 pushup, try to do 2 tomorrow and 5 by next week. Let it build.
- Crunches – very basic abdominal exercise, but it will get you started. For you advanced performers out there, see how many you can do in 30 seconds or a minute or 2 minutes…..ALWAYS remember proper form, or else 1,546,127 crunches in a day don't mean squat.
2. Start an exercise program – In order to lose weight and keep the weight off, you have to make a change to start an exercise program (and keep to it!). My advice, don't go for the jugular so quickly, sit down and draw up a plan on how you can fit it in your everyday life (EVERYBODY can fit in some sort of exercise program, so I don't want to hear any whining on how YOU don't have the time). How about this for a quick exercise program (just off the top my head, especially for you, I don't have the time!!! people out there, lol):
Upon waking in the morning:
- Go for a brisk 10-15 minute walk outside (if possible), remembering to keep the arms pumping and concentrate on taking good, deep breaths. Upon returning home, slowly walk around for 1 minute to cool down (only if necessary), drop and do 10 pushups with arms shoulder width apart, rest for 30 seconds, then do 10 pushups with arms as close as possible together, rest for 1 minute, then finish with 10 pushups with arms far apart (practically speaking). Finish up your "routine" by jumping rope for 2-3 minutes (or longer/shorter depending on your fitness level at that moment).
This is just a SAMPLE, and if you start saying "Chris, I can't do 10 pushups three times in a row"……….then do 5, or 3, or heck…..even 1. Just get started, you will be amazed how much stronger you will get in the coming days, weeks, months, years. This will build your strength, endurance, coordination, and health all in that 1 tiny workout.
Change your way of thinking…….start slow and build up. Rome wasn't built in a day, and your body won't be built like Rome in a day either………but YOU can lay the foundation for your own temple that is your body. Don't wait until your temple starts crumbling and heaven forbid starts to collapse. It may be beyond repair. Rebuild your body, your muscles, your arms, your legs, your organs…………..start now, start small, and make it fun.
Treat your body with respect and it will repay you tenfold. You will begin to understand once you make that change. You will feel alive, energized, and ready to face a new day, everyday.
Make a commitment to "add more bricks" to your temple, make yourself stronger, more flexible, ready to handle any problems that you may encounter. Don't rely on other people to tell you that your body doesn't look like Rome. People are too politically correct. I will probably tell you, though :). You can make yourself look like your own personal "Rome." You just have to get started………..challenge yourself, and lay that foundation.
There are so many ways to get fit, I could write for days……………but I need to stop so YOU can get started on your fitness program.
If you are still hell-bent on trying that new "fad" diet, or drinking that nasty looking liquid that promises quick weight loss in 3 days (I don't even want to know how)……..I'll be waiting with open arms when that fails (and it will fail at some point), lol. So, just forget that trash, get started right, and build your body that is something to be proud of. Get started now, and I'll talk to you soon.
P.S. If you want some more kick butt ideas to make yourself into Rome or even the Statue of Liberty, visit www.fitnesswithchris.com, and get started.
About the Author
Chris Callegari, founder of http://www.fitnesswithchris.com is unleashing his real-world fitness, nutrition, and healthy eating tips to the world, to help support lifestyle changes.
Article Source: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/35126.html
|If you wish to add the above article to your website or newsletters then please include the "Article Source: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/35126.html" as shown above and make it hyperlinked.|
| Some other articles by Chris C.|