Tips to buy a Used Car
By Isabella Rodrigues
A person who cannot afford to buy a new car can always move ahead and buy a used car. Buying a car no doubts requires a lot of money but that does not mean that only rich can buy it. Always remember the success of buying a used car is to do your research before you buy it. You will have to prepare yourself for all the stress if you are looking for a perfect deal. Make sure that you are with the best used car dealer who will ensure you the best deal. You need to go through the following information before buying a used car.
1) Always decide the budget you can afford to buy the car. Since you are buying the used car always include price of the Car, repairs and maintenance cost of the car, Car insurance and so on.
2) Decide the Car you would like to buy. The best option would be to go for a mid-sized car as these cars are available at great bargains.
3) Used cars may be covered by a manufacturer's warranty or a separately purchased service contract. However note that they may not be transferable. Always make sure to go through the warranty or service contract before you buy any used cars.
4) You can also take a test drive of the car and check its efficiency and comfort. It would be more preferable if you take a test drive on different types of roads. Have a drive for at least 10 to 15 miles to ensure the smoothness of the car.
5) Find out how old is the car you are going to buy. Try to buy a car which is two or three years older. Buying a two or three years older car would probably be a great deal as this will give you an opportunity to drive the latest model. It would be asking for trouble if you decide to go for a much older car.
6) If you are not 100% satisfied by the car avoid buying it. Don't just buy a car since it is cheap as this might turn into a big expense in the long term.
7) It would be advisable to get the car inspected by the mechanic you hire. If you neglect it, you will have to pay everything for the maintenance once you buy the car. A mechanic can put the car on the lift and can immediately identify any previous damages, corrosions and so on.
8) If you are buying a 4 to 5 year old car it would be advisable to get the warranty period extended. Else you will have to bear the brunt of heavy losses.
9) Every dealer has a price in mind below which they will not sell you the car. The dealer is ready to reduce the price of the car till this price point and yet manages a decent profit. However if they find a particular buyer inexperienced they take advantage of such buyers and gladly make a very good profit. Hence it is very important to educate yourself thoroughly before going to a car dealer.
About the Author
Isabella Rodrigues writes for newyorkcarinsurance.info,
offering the latest information on Car Insurance, visit them today for more
best Auto Insurance Services.
Visit today: http://newyorkcarinsurance.info
Article Source: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/28938.html
|If you wish to add the above article to your website or newsletters then please include the "Article Source: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/28938.html" as shown above and make it hyperlinked.|
| Some other articles by Isabella Rodrigues|
|Know your Auto quotes|
Auto Quotes is a full featured PC based electronic catalog for food service equipment and supplies complete with brilliant, full color images and detailed spec sheets. Auto ...
Auto Insurance – risk your car free
Shopping for auto insurance is the only way to save on the auto insurance. Car Insurance is the perfect solution for your problem on car theft, accidents etc. People are quite ...
Car Finance through a car dealer
All of us require proper car finance at the time of purchasing a car. The procedure to buy a car from a car dealer would be simpler rather than walking directly into a company. Car dealers ...
Lexmark Compatible Inkjet Cartridge
Did your printer run out ink? This could have been a major setback in the past especially if you were printing something that was urgently required. But thanks to the introduction of ...
Ways to improve your credit report
Is it really essential to improve your credit report?
Even though credit score are three digit numbers but it has great importance in today's business world. To earn a good credit standing it is very ...
Free T-shirt offer – Get your collection
Today one can find number of t-shirt outlets providing different types of free t-shirt. Yes you have heard it right free t-shirt offer. These t-shirts are distributed free ...