Small Bands And How Internet Helps Them
By Chris Young
The Internet has revolutionized every aspect of the world from fiancé to music. A few years ago small bands played in garages, family functions, and cafes. They cut discs and sent them to music giants in the hope they will be noticed.
The World Wide Web and MP3 music has brought about many changes in the fortunes of small bands. The distribution system and marketing options changed. New media formats and many personal websites sprang up and the reach of music became world wide. Gone were small town boundaries or traveling on the road to spread awareness. The click of a mouse increased popularity.
However it is not all about success after the initial boom, several music sites and bands went bust. What every band with a dream of golden discs must do is:
• Weigh their options carefully and make the time to do a complete study of their options.
• Create a fool proof marketing plan.
• If in doubt consult marketing professionals with expertise in the music industry.
To promote your creativity online you must:
• Not expect any financial returns to start with. You need to popularize your music by giving it away. Put MP3s and videos on your website. When a person downloads a song and listens he may like it and play it time and again. Such a person is the one likely to listen to your next song.
• Ensure that your music is traceable—if a person has your song on their IPod then they will only be able to trace you if the artist/band name as well as web address are available.
• You must categorize the music correctly. Decide whether it should be placed under rock, pop, folk, or electronica.
• Locate popular music distribution sites and use these to promote your music. Most people who are looking for new music and have a good listening ear visit these sites.
• To eternalize your band you must set up your own website, purchase a domain name, park it with a reliable host, and optimize it so that it ranks high in search engines. Read about how to construct a successful web site and how to promote it successfully.
• Build an interactive web site with stories, reviews, and other music related news. Make the site interesting so that visitors are tempted to browse and listen to your music.
• Arrange to have reviews of your music and where it is available posted on community sites and blogs. Host a music forum and submit press releases to well established press release sites.
• Once you have established a small presence think about ways to generate funds. You could sell the music or offer subscriptions. Alternately, the downloads of music could be free but generate money from other channels like advertisements, pay per click and so on. Or host a music related commerce site selling iPODs, Xboxes, accessories and so on. The business aspect will have to be worked out carefully.
Make sure people know that your band accepts gigs. In case you like writing lyrics or jingles for small business promotions you must advertise this aspect of your creativity. The world can be yours if you are adventurous.
About the Author
Chris Young is a freelance writer for http://www.1888Music.com , the premier website to find free mp3 downloads, mp3 albums, music videos, top downloads, new songs, mp3 archive and more. He also freelances for the premier Restaurants site http://www.1888Restaurants.com
Article Source: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/27234.html
|If you wish to add the above article to your website or newsletters then please include the "Article Source: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/27234.html" as shown above and make it hyperlinked.|
| Some other articles by Chris Young|
|Ten Indications That Point To A Rogue SEO Company|
Search engine optimizers are everywhere, it is a booming business. SEOs as they are known help websites in numerous ways. They handle writing of copy, site architecture, as well as submission to directories.
Music Subscription Service
Gone are the days when you had to wait, save, and then buy a tape or CD. Remember the days when one person in the gang would buy a CD or tape and the whole gang would ...
How The IPOD Changed The Industry
Music fans have celebrated ever since IPOD was released. It does not just give them music on the go but plenty of flexibility.
Owning an IPOD means ...
A Dozen Great Search Engine Placement Tips
To be noticed or successful in the World Wide Web one needs to apply sound business sense and practices. When ...
Things I Love About Google
The word Google is on the lips of young and old. Ask anyone a question and if they don't know pat will come the answer "ask Google." Among the many ...
Know The Enemy Surveillance Spyware
Have you ever read best sellers on the cold war and spies? Many of us have grown up on the thrills and chills presented by such novels where spies are watching everything and are ...