Ebay Ebook Success: Effectively Promoting your eBay Store
By Tom Parker
To really maximise your eBay ebook sales you need to be promoting your eBay store. eBay stores get less exposure than normal eBay listings and therefore will not yield great sales for you unless you promote them. There are many ways both on and off eBay that you can promote your eBay store. This article outlines some of them:
1) Ebay Auction Listings:- eBay Auction and Buy It Now listings get the main exposure on eBay. When someone does an eBay search for an item all the eBay Auction and Buy It Now listings are displayed first. Then after these the eBay Store listings are displayed. Since these Auction and Buy It Now listings are getting the most exposure it makes sense to run a few of these and insert a link to your eBay store inside the actual description. This works especially well with Auction listings as people often click the link so they can buy the item instantly from your eBay store rather than wait for the auction to end.
2) Ebay About Me Page:- The eBay About Me page is one of the best free opportunity's eBay provides to promote yourself. Every time someone on eBay sees your eBay ID (whether you bid on something, leave feedback, or buy an item) there will be an About Me logo next to it and some people will click this logo. Despite this, it really is one of the most under utilised tools on eBay. If you do not yet have an eBay About Me page yet then get one NOW. Use it to write about your eBay store and tell people why they should buy from you.
3) Ebay Reviews and Guides:- These are a relatively new addition to eBay but they are still a great way to promote your eBay store for free. The reviews section allows you to write product reviews such as CDs and DVDs. The guides section is more relevant to eBay sellers as it allows you to write guides on just about anything. There has got to be some topic that you can write a guide on so get righting now. When people read your guide they are presented with a link to your eBay store which is again more free exposure.
4) Ebay Seller Cross Promotion:- I outlined in the last article that with an eBay store you can cross-promote your items. Recently eBay has also added the ability to cross-promote with other sellers. This is very easy to set up and eBay manages the whole process for you. All you have to do is go to the "Cross-Promotion Connections" area of My eBay and then use the request cross-promotions link in order to set them up. If the other seller agrees then a box promoting their products will appear on your listings and vice versa. This is a valuable way to increase your eBay sales and also generate more traffic to your eBay store.
5) Search Engines:- As I mentioned in my last article you get an actual URL with your eBay store. This URL gets listed in the eBay stores directory and search engines which means extra traffic for your eBay store. What's more eBay allows you to pick your search engine keywords so you can be listed under the categories that you feel are most appropriate to your eBay store. Getting listed in the search engines is a great way to bring in customers from outside of eBay and maximise your sales potential.
6) Store RSS Feed:- When you access the home page of an eBay store you may notice a small RSS box in the bottom left corner. If you click on this RSS box then you will be shown your store's RSS feed. Now I myself am not an expert in RSS but I do know that it is another way to promote your eBay store easily and effectively from outside of eBay. You can get some free software that submits your RSS feeds to the main RSS directories by doing a search on Google.
7) Blogging:- For those who don't know a blog is a weblog. It's basically like an online journal where you post your thoughts, comments, or whatever else you want. Blogging is an excellent way to get traffic to your eBay store. Quite a few websites offer free blogs which you can sign up for and then link back to your eBay store. Post in it regularly to gain exposure and your blog should soon become a great source of traffic.
8) Article Submission:- There are 100s of article directories out there that will you can submit your articles to, and if accepted you are allowed to have a live link back to your website or eBay store in the author resource box. This is a great way to generate traffic to your website in the long-term as not only do the search engines index your article, but people also reprint these articles on their websites complete with your author resource box (and live link back to your eBay store). The longer your article is online the more it will be reprinted and so the more traffic it will generate.
Hopefully this article has opened your eyes to some of the free and effective promotion methods for your eBay store. At first the fact that eBay Stores do not get as much exposure seems like a major problem but by putting a little effort into promoting it yourself, it can be much more successful than any eBay Auction listing. Till next time good luck with your ebook sales and take care!!!
About the Author
Tom Parker sells ebooks with resell rights on eBay at http://stores.ebay.co.uk/theebookcavern. He also runs http://www.theebookcavern.co.uk/ where he intends to sell his own ebook "How to set up a Successful, Automated Ebook Business on eBay," and a free newsletter which you can join by sending an email to: email@example.com. Please include this bio when reprinting.
Article Source: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/26965.html
|If you wish to add the above article to your website or newsletters then please include the "Article Source: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/26965.html" as shown above and make it hyperlinked.|
| Some other articles by Tom Parker|
|Ebook Review: Auction Profit Streams|
File Size: 904kb Zipped, 1,003kb Unzipped.
Number of Pages: 53
Format: Adobe Acrobat (.pdf)
Subject: A guide to setting up multiple income streams using eBay.
Other Information: You can download a ...
Ebook Review: The Part Time Plan
File Size: 2,387kb Zipped, 2,447kb Unzipped.
Number of Pages: 67
Format: Adobe Acrobat (.pdf)
Subject: A guide to gaining massive ...
Ebay Ebook Success: How to become a PowerSeller
PowerSeller status is something that many eBay sellers strive to achieve, but few actually manage. With PowerSeller status you gain recognition, respect, and trust which indirectly lead to ...
Ebook Review: The Worn Paper System
File Size: 2.14mb Zipped, 2.18mb Unzipped.
Number of Pages: 44
Format: Adobe Acrobat (.pdf).
Subject: The Worn Paper System is "the average person's guide to making money on the Internet." In this ebook Sara Brown ...
Ebay Ebook Success: Using Reviews and Guides to Promote your eBay Store
In my last article I discussed how to effectively promote your eBay store using your About Me page. In that article I outlined that it was one of the most underutilised promotion opportunities on eBay. Ebay Reviews ...
Ebay Ebook Success: Effectively using your About Me Page
In my last article I discussed various promotion strategies for your eBay store one of which was using your eBay About Me Page. ...