How To Improve Your ClickBank Affiliate's Link
By Dr. Roberto A. Bonomi
HOW DOES THE NORMAL LINKING SYSTEM WORK
The Clickbank is a service that offers merchants the opportunity to offer their products for sale with a Clickbank Affiliate Link, and the Clickbank also has affiliates who earn referral commissions when they sell one of his products.
* Each Clickbank merchant has an unique Clickbank Affiliate Link that contains it's nickname. The nickname
* The Clickbank uses the nicknames to track who makes each sale, and who is owed what.
* The Clickbank is also one of the best means to build an affiliate program with a minimmum expense.
If you have products to sell and want to accept credit card's payments, or whould like to have your own affiliates program, or would like to offer at your web site some of the thousands of good products that the Clickbank offers and earn a commission each time you make a sale, you can join up the Clickbank here: http://newsletter.easy-home-business.com/hts/clickbank.html
HOW DO THE CLICKBANK AFFILIATE LINKS WORK
If you join our affiliate program (and you can do it for free clicking here: http://www.easy-home-business.com/aff/affprogram.html), your own clickbank affiliate link will be:
Each time that someone clicks over the above link, is taken to the Clickbank where a cookie with the merchant (The ClickBank) and the affiliate (Easy Home Businessd) nicknames are set, then the Clickbank will immediately redirect you to our landing page.
It's all so fast that the browser will send the visitor to our landing page within seconds (if network traffic is not congested or the ClickBank servers aren't slow).
THE REFERRAL LANDING PAGE
When you affiliate to the Clickbank you must specify the page where all referrals will land, and it's only one for each affiliate, and this has three drawbacks:
* For the Clickbank affiliates: Other Clickbank affiliates, if they are ready to buy, can substitute your nickname for theirs (they only need to copy and paste the link into the browser's address bar, substituting your nickname for theirs). And once they do that, the purchase's commission will be for them and not for you.
* For the Clickbank affiliates and you as a Clickbank merchant: If you as a merchant have more than one sales page (one for each one of your products), you must direct all the customers to the one and only landing page that the Clickbank gives you, and there they will be required to click to another link or two before finding one of your product's sales page. This need of scrolling through a list of products until they find the right link, may be too much for someone with a weak interest in your product.
* For you as a Clickbank's merchant: if you have an affiliate's network, the link they will use to sell your products, will do nothing to boost your site's ranking in the search engines
ONE SCRIPT CAN SOLVE THE THREE PROBLEMS
If you join our free affiliates program, the following link will send your customers to our "How to Sell on the Web" sales web page:
You only need to replace YOURNICKNAME with your own Clickbank nickname, and even if some other affiliate changes YOURNICKNAME by his, YOU will receive the commission (Read HOW THE CLICKBANK AFFILIATE LINK WORKS to know why)
HOW OUR NEW CLICKBANK AFFILIATE LINK WORKS
* That cookie will say which product page was the original destination.
* Once the browser arrives at the Clickbank, the Clickbank will store the affiliate and merchant's nicknames with a cookie and redirect the browser to the merchant's referral landing page.
This is all so fast that will happen within a second, or thereabouts (unless network traffic is congested, or Clickbank or your server are slow)
So the referral will be sent to the exact product page he is looking for, and the Clickbank affiliate link will be stored on a cookie, that will tell the Clickbank who has to be paid a commission.
* One set for yor referral landing page. This is the page that you specify in your Clickbank's account control panel (the Clickbank calls it the "Homepage URL")
* Set your browser to ask permission before accepting cookies
* Type an affiliate URL into your browser like http://easy-home-business.com/howtosell/#YOURNICKNAME
* Replace YOURNICKNAME with your own Clickbank nickname
* When the browser arrives at the affiliate URL, it will ask you permission to set a cookie. Answer YES, and your browser witll redirect you the Clickbank where another cookie will ask for permission to be set (this will be the Clickbank's tracking cookie)
* After you answer YES for the second cookie your browser will redirect you to your referral landing page, and then it will immediately return to the original product page's destination (then the ? or # character and the affiliate code will no longe be in the address bar)
TESTING WITHOUT PERMISSION ASKED
* Set your browser not to ask permission before accepting cookies
* Type an affiliate URL into your browser
And you will notice how fast the whole process really is.
Written by Dr. Roberto A. Bonomi
About the Author
Dr. Roberto Bonomi is a successful e-book writer that shares his home business experience at: http://www.easy-home-business.com And you can post free your own articles, or find free articles for your web site or ezine at http://articles.drbonomi.com
Article Source: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/26879.html
|If you wish to add the above article to your website or newsletters then please include the "Article Source: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/26879.html" as shown above and make it hyperlinked.|
| Some other articles by Dr. Roberto A. Bonomi|
|Why should you care about return traffic|
The secret of a home business web site's success is the traffic to your web site..
And all you have to do is to attract as many new visitors as possible. Right?
Spam guard your business
Have you started or are you thinking in starting an easy home business?
Then be carefull because spam guard may harm your business!
I bet that you know ...
Targeted Traffic Is The Secret For Good Sales!
What's a targeted traffic made of?
The people that wants to find on Internet, what you are offering on your web site, and visit your web site, are called targeted ...
Are Top Web Sites Good For Everybody?
Top web sites are site lists focused around a common topic, for example clip art, pets, music etc.
Sites on these lists are ranked in order of "votes" - the site that gets ...
The Viral Marketing Secrets Free Ebook
A free viral marketing system's knowledge can Change Your Online Business Forever...
From the Computer of Dr. Bonomi
Karma versus Meditation
The Karma lives with us, the karma is part of our lives from the very moment of our birth to ...