5 Tips for Finding the Best Travel Reward Credit Card
By Daniel Cohen
Travel reward credit cards are a part of the credit card reward program that allows you to redeem cash or credit on your travel purchases. If you are a frequent flier, you can accumulate points using the travel reward credit card of your favorite airline company. You can also use your normal credit card to accumulate points on every purchase and redeem them to visit travel destinations.
Here are 5 tips which will enable you to find the best travel reward credit card, so that you get maximum benefits and rewards out of it:
1. Do you fly the same airline more often? You can identify through your travel habits, as to which airlines do you normally take for business or personal traveling purposes. If you fly with one particular airline company, you can utilize that airline's travel reward credit card. Since you are loyal to one company, you will get many rewards and benefits as you are using a particular service frequently.
2. What is the purpose of the travel reward credit card? Your travel reward credit card can be used for a variety of needs. You can use it to pay for your transportation overseas. You can use it to take care of your hotel expenses when you travel. Decide as to what purpose you will be primarily using the travel reward credit card.
3. Kind of rewards offered: The rewards offered in the travel reward credit cards can be in the form of discounts, rebates, gift vouchers, free upgrade to a better card, and frequent flyer miles. Go for the credit card which offers you rewards that appeal to you. There is no point in using the travel credit cards which offer rewards that is of no use to you.
4. Compare the annual fees: Travel reward credit cards carry a heavy annual fee. The fees are on the higher side to compensate the credit card company for the rewards that they give you. You have to make sure that the annual fee is worth the kind of rewards they are giving. Taking a lead from the point above, there is no point in going for the rewards when they are of little use to you, considering the annual fees you pay. Compare the annual fees of various travel credit cards and also check if the fees are worth the rewards.
5. Redemption methods and procedures: Find out things about when and how the points expire. Find out how the points are converted into miles. Are there extra bonus points to be earned during certain purchases or transactions? Many a time there are various conditions laid out as to how points can be redeemed in a given point of time. Many a time the cardholder has to call up or write a letter to the credit card company and wait for a certain period of time before he can avail of rewards. This defeats the whole purpose of enrolling into a travel reward program and the customer often feels tired of the whole rigmarole and gives up on the rewards he is supposed to get. Ideally, you should in the initial stages clarify with the credit company about how simple or complicated it is for you to redeem the points for the rewards.
About the Author
Daniel Cohen recommends Find Credit Cards for finding the best travel reward credit card. See http://www.findcreditcards.org/type/travel-rewards.php for more information.
Article Source: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/24541.html
|If you wish to add the above article to your website or newsletters then please include the "Article Source: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/24541.html" as shown above and make it hyperlinked.|
| Some other articles by Daniel Cohen|
|How Private Is Your Credit Card Information?|
How will you react if you get a call one fine day from the collection agency stating that you are liable for charges on your account that have not been ...
Finding the Best Student Credit Cards
Being well versed in the art of personal finance and managing personal expenses is one of the first things every college going student must know. The moment your child sets foot inside the college campus, ...
Finding the best cash back credit cards
Cash back are a good inducement for customers to make a regular use of their credit cards. Most customers are voluntarily asking for credit ...
Finding the Best Airline Credit Cards
The airline credit card came into existence when credit card companies realized the profitability of teaming up with airline companies to provide better incentives and opportunities for consumers to ...
What Is a Credit Union?
A credit union is a non-profit financial organization that is owned and regulated by its members through a representative electoral ...
Credit Cards and Your Child
Conventional thinking leads us to understand that school and college going children do not have any special usage of the credit card, other than downloading the latest chartbuster or ...