6 Ways to help your employees beat stress and work more
By John Edmond
If you would like your business to employ highly motivated and high-energy level employees then investing in the workplace atmosphere and facilities will help and will reduce work-place stress significantly. Research confirms that if your employees are stressed then that will cost you even more money in missed workdays and increased on-the-job injuries over both the short term and the long term.
In addition to the negative repercussions of having stressed out employees, your business may be experiencing lower productivity and poor quality of output. It is both clear and obvious that some very cost effective strategies could minimize stress on the job and provide your employees with opportunities to reduce other stress related problems.
Below is a list of 6 ways in which you can help your company reduce stress for your employees while increasing the output of your business:
1. Provide an attractive and comfortable work environment whenever possible to reduce stress. Pleasant surroundings can do more for a person´s attitude then we often realize. Create a less formal atmosphere by adding plants or improved decoration, even if that is just in a rest room it will help.
2. Supply a quiet room for your employees to take their breaks in. Not the canteen or games room, this room should be separate from the normal "hustle and bustle" of the work-place. It will give your employees an opportunity of a quick 10 minute break from work and any work related stress that they may be experiencing.
3. Instead of giving orders 100% of the time try to create opportunities for employees to make decisions that will directly affect their job performance. This gives them a sense of personal power and less stress because they feel they have some control.
4. Thank your employees for work accomplished and recognize them for exemplary performance. A quick thank you will go a long way in reducing complaints and stress. Be genuine and only thank when workers have worked well otherwise you will be rewarding sub-standard activities.
5. Always choose ergonomically sound equipment, tools, and furniture. These will make work easier for your staff, reduce workplace injuries and therefore limit any compensation claims. In addition workplace stress will be reduced and staff, equipped with the correct tools, will be more productive.
6. Go out of your way to create opportunities for the employees to meet, socialize and build relationships away from work. Set up a bowling team from work where you gather and play once a week or maybe a softball team, or even a book club, for employees only.
When staff realize you have their interests in mind and are doing all you can to improve working conditions they will respond and you will see an improved atmosphere and productivity.
About the Author
John Edmond worked for many years in insurance and finance and now writes on a number of topics including small business and finance. If you are starting a new business go to Tips on Starting a New Business or Business Information for a selection of articles on business and finance.
Article Source: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/24294.html
|If you wish to add the above article to your website or newsletters then please include the "Article Source: http://www.simplysearch4it.com/article/24294.html" as shown above and make it hyperlinked.|
| Some other articles by John Edmond|
|Should You Buy Low Cost Ebooks?|
There are web pages on almost every subject imaginable from the structure of DNA to how to make a teddy bear. Enter your search on ...
A Starter Guide To Self Improvement
Staying calm, composed and maintaining strong self esteem in today's tough environment can be difficult but is not impossible if you follow a few simple guidelines. Here are 6 tips you can use as a starter ...
10 Steps To Successful Debt Consolidation
If you are having trouble balancing your income and expenditure because of large debts then read on and discover your options in credit card debt consolidation.
Debt consolidation can be an excellent ...
You Too Can Be A Foreign Exchange Student
Have you ever wondered why there are so many foreign students at your school, college or university? Have you considered the possibility of you studying abroad as part of you studies? Many full time overseas ...
5 Steps To Maximum Productivity
Do you know that you get 80% of your results from just 20% of your time and effort and consequently 80% of ...
7 Steps To Achievable Goals
How many times have you heard that being successful is all down to setting goals? It may come as no surprise to you to ...